Monday, December 29, 2008

2008...

This year has definitely been a very eventful one...

But there is apparently too many to list...

If you were there, then you know what went down in 2008.

For me, i survived LVN school for starters. Met new faces and lost a good handful of old ones (good riddance). I became a guru for some and watched new relationships formed.

As i sit here at work ( as usual) i can't help but still contemplate on the past. I live with no regrets. Things happen for the better. I got better at seeing a person and their true colors. I finally found happiness. And i can absolutely say that this year was definitely the BESTEST one yet.

Reality finally hit me this year. As i surf the Internet for old friends that i lost contact with, i cant help but start to think that shit, my time is almost up. I never thought about marriage or family before until this year when all of a sudden all these wedding announcements and baby showers come runnin through my mail box. At least 3 people i know of almost same age level as me are getting married. When i was younger i never thought about the person i was with, if that was the one i would end up with. I wasn't a big believer on everlasting love. Maybe because i have seen so many fail at it. Or maybe i had a different perception of it all. Heck i was too young to understand it all. but now as the years pass me by, now i know.

Not to sound all sappy or anything. But I guess when you find that person, you just know. Its like that feeling that lasts inside you. The feeling that you still get as if it were the first time. It just doesn't end. That if you were to hug that person, it would feel just like you did the first time you hugged them. But its also that comfortable feeling. Like you are best friends, but still very much in love. As if there were no words to explain that feeling you get. Just simply loved.

I never had that feeling... until now. Things happen for a reason. If I didnt waste 9 years of my life with my past, then i dont think my future would of found me.

No comments: